Boyd (WQOW) – A Boyd woman faces criminal charges of obstructing firefighters who were trying to deal with a potentially deadly gas leak.
The entire village of Boyd was ordered evacuated last month after a gas line was sheared. Firefighters feared multiple explosions and fires.
Related Story: Gas Leak contained in Boyd
According to charges filed in Chippewa County, Sandra Gordon confronted fire chief Ron Patten inside the dangerous hot zone, screaming at him and refusing to leave.
According to the chief, Gordon said the fire department was responsible for her getting only two hours of sleep after working 12 hours. Patten said when she was told she had to leave the area, she became more belligerent.
Chief Patten said many lives could have been lost due to Gordon’s gross misconduct, explaining that her actions took him away from managing a very dangerous scene for about 10 minutes.