Ashton is a 17-month-old little boy. In October, he was diagnosed with a rare form of brain and spinal cord cancer.
He was in Marshfield Children’s Hospital for 127 days straight for three rounds of chemo and to treat his other medical complications that have arisen from his tumors and cancer. His medical team recently cleared him to be home for a short time and the whole family is delighted to be home together in Altoona.
His dad, Martin, works for Eau Claire County and his Mom, Robin, works for Western Dairyland EOC with their homeless intervention program. Both have been involved as coaches in the community for several years for local football and softball programs. His two older sisters attend Altoona Elementary.
And in order to help Aston and his family. A committee of friends and family have come together to help raise money for the family to help with their medical-related expenses.
The benefit will be held at Monk’s Bar and Grill. They will be giving 10% of all sales to the family. There will also be a silent auction/raffle with some outstanding prizes. These prizes include:
- a football signed by the 2019 Green Bay Packers
- gift certificates to local businesses and restaurants
- an autographed Badger Hockey jersey and Corpus Christy Ice Rays autographed Hockey Stick
- “Director of the Day” at the Eau Claire Children’s Museum
- Multiple hand-made quilts of various sizes
- a kids bicycle & a kids Audi R8 Spyder electric powered car
- Artwork and home decor items
- 1 overnight stay at the Metropolis with passes to all parks for 2 days for up to 5 guest
There will also be a wine pull, cash raffle, and 50/50 raffles throughout the day. Additionally, the committee is selling bracelets, t-shirts and can koozies to support the family.
Martin and Robin are overwhelmed with gratitude to see the outpouring of support from local businesses and community members. They look forward to a time in their lives when they are able to give back to this area and pay it forward to others who are in similar situations.
The fundraiser is on Sunday, March 15th from 11 A.M. till 4 P.M. at Monk’s Bar & Grill. For more information, check out their Facebook page.