Our community is filled with everyday heroes. This March, the Northwest Wisconsin Chapter of the American Red Cross will once again honor a select group of the heroes among us.
The annual Heroes Breakfast celebrates local people who were involved in selfless acts of courage and kindness during the past year. The award breakfast also serves as a fundraising event for programs and services provided by the local chapter of the American Red Cross.
Chosen across a handful of categories, honorees at the Heroes Breakfast represent those among us who reflect what is best in our communities. The 2020 Heroes are:
- Josh Stendahl, award: Adult Good Samaritan (Trempealeau County)
- Max Marsolek, award: Youth Good Samaritan (Trempealeau County)
- Osseo Fire Department, award: Community Hero (Trempealeau County)
- Abby Droessler, award: From the Heart Hero (Sawyer County)
- Barron County 1st Responders, award: Healthcare Hero (Barron County)
- Peter Hestekin, award: Military Hero (Eau Claire County)
- Sharon Ammerman, award: Hero of a Lifetime (St. Croix County)
The annual Heroes Breakfast will take place from 7:30-9 a.m., Wednesday, March 11th, at the Florian Gardens in Eau Claire. To reserve your seat at this event, visit their website or call (715) 271-8395. Reservations are $45 and all proceeds go toward the Northwest Wisconsin Chapter of the American Red Cross.
Sacred Heart Hospital is the premier sponsor of this very special event. Additional sponsors include Marshfield Clinic, WQOW TV-18, Bauer Built Inc., Royal Credit Union, Mayo Clinic Health Systems Eau Claire, Xcel Energy, Global Finishing Solutions, Wisconsin Credit Union, Charter Bank, Group Health Cooperative of Eau Claire, M3 Insurance, Black River Memorial Hospital, BMO Harris and TTM Technologies. Also special thanks to Jeff for putting together all the videos.