Skip to Content

Rep. Kind, Sen. Baldwin request federal help for storm damage

Rep. Ron Kind and Senator Tammy Baldwin are asking the Trump Administration for assistance with repairing the damage done by flooding in the region. 

In a joint statement, they said they’ve asked for assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the Department of Transportation (DOT), and the Department of Agriculture (USDA). 

The request asks for help with damage assessments, road and bridge repair, and farm and crop damage assistance from those agencies. 

“Damage caused by heavy rains and flooding has once again left many Wisconsin communities wondering how they are going to pay for the repairs,” said Senator Tammy Baldwin. “This emergency federal assistance would provide relief for our communities, ensure access to safe and reliable transportation, and support their efforts to rebuild and recover.”

Rep. Kind’s office is also available to help people work with federal agencies during the clean up process. People can call 1-888-442-8040 or go to the website 

His office encourages residents who have home damage to call 211 or their county emergency management offices. They also recommend farmers should report crop damage to the Farm Service Agency. 


Skip to content