Eau Claire (WQOW) – A registered sex offender will be released from a treatment center next Wednesday and will temporarily live in Eau Claire.
According to Eau Claire police, Jeffrey Bonnin, 47, will be released from the Sand Ridge Secure Treatment Center on May 22.
He was convicted in Eau Claire County on the following crimes:
- Attempted 2nd degree sexual assault (July 28, 1995)
- 2nd degree sexual assault of a child (August 1, 1995)
- Felony Bail Jumping (October 30, 1995)
- Attempted 1st degree sexual assault (April 24, 1996)
Bonnin will temporarily live on the 2400 block of Fifth Street in Eau Claire. He will live there until a permanent home is found, according to police.
As a condition of his release, Bonnin has the following restrictions
- Lifetime GPS monitoring
- Confinement to the interior of the residence
- Can only leave home with a DHS chaperone
- Cannot be within 1,500 feet of a park, playground, library, school, church or recreation trail
- No contact with minors
- Cannot drink alcohol or enter a tavern
- Cannot possess electronic devices
- Comply with all requirements on sex offender registration program