Chippewa Valley (WQOW) – If you have ever found yourself craving something to eat driving down the road, the convenience store is sometimes your only option – leaving you without healthy options many times.
Now, nine stores in the Chippewa Valley are working with members of the Healthy Food Marketing Collaborative to provide healthy food options.
Most participating stores are located in areas of low access to healthy and affordable food, according to Eau Claire Healthy Communities.
The stores are implementing strategies like eye-catching displays, coolers and messaging signs to help draw attention to the healthy options.
Here is a list of locations offering healthier options through this program.
Chippewa County Locations
- Bridge Stop, New Auburn
Eau Claire County Locations
- Direct Stores, Barstow St. – Eau Claire
- Korner Store, Lincoln Ave. – Fall Creek
- Great Lakes Fresh Market, Lincoln Ave. – Augusta
Dunn County Locations
- Bridge Stop, Hwy 25 – Wheeler
- Cenex, Railroad Ave. – Boyceville
- Bob & Steve’s, 9th Street – Menomonie
- Bob & Steve’s, Hwy 12 – Knapp
- Ray’s Market, Tonnar South St. – Ridgeland