Home damaged by Tuesday’s rain? Call 211 to report it

Eau Claire County (WQOW) – If your home or property received damage in Tuesday’s heavy rains, Eau Claire Emergency Management Director Tyler Esh is asking you to report it.

Esh said by simply dialing 211 on your phone, you will be connected with Great Rivers 211. That may not lead to financial assistance for you personally, but it will help local emergency officials work with state and federal officials to receive funding assistance.

When you call 211, you will be asked to give your address, county, type of property, insurance and a description of damage.

Also, if it is safe to do so, Esh said you are encouraged to take pictures of damage and send it to Emergency Management through the Eau Claire County Emergency Management Facebook and Twitter pages or via email at emergency.mangement@co.eau-claire.wi.us

Clint Berge

Clint Berge

Clint Berge is the Social Media & Digital Content Manager for Eau Claire's Own WQOW News 18. Report any website issues to him at cberge@wqow.com

More News

Rice Lake
New Richmond
Black River Falls
River Falls
Green Bay
La Crosse
Twin Cities
Weather Outlook: Active weather pattern returns, bringing multiple rounds of snow

We’ve had a couple of dustings of snow over the past week, including yesterday, but it’s been a full week now since our last big system. Thankfully, we’ve been able to catch up on clearing the snow, and are close to getting back in the swing of things. Just as we settle down, however, we return back to an active weather pattern that will bring several chances for more accumulating snow over the next couple of weeks.

Read More »
Connect with WQOW
Top Stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content