Officials: Chemical mixture applied by a second employee

BURLINGTON, Mass. (AP) — Massachusetts authorities say the chemical mixture that resulted in the death of a Buffalo Wild Wings employee was applied by another employee.

Burlington fire officials’ preliminary investigation Friday shows that 32-year-old Ryan Baldera was overcome by the fumes after a second employee combined two cleaning agents to the restaurant’s kitchen floor while attempting to clean it.

Baldera, the general manager, died after being rushed to a hospital Thursday night.

At least 13 people were hospitalized and have since been released.

Authorities say the Lawrence resident was married and had an infant son.

A Buffalo Wild Wings statement says the company is “shocked and saddened” and working with the franchisee and authorities.

The suburban Boston sports bar is closed while the investigation continues.

Associated Press

Associated Press

More News

STORMTRACKER 18 WEATHER
Eau Claire
37°
Menomonie
33°
Chetek
33°
Durand
Ladysmith
Neillsville
34°
Rice Lake
New Richmond
37°
Black River Falls
Medford
31°
River Falls
39°
Duluth
33°
Green Bay
33°
La Crosse
39°
Madison
36°
Milwaukee
41°
Twin Cities
41°
Connect with WQOW
Top Stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content