Website used by suspect in synagogue massacre is back online

COLLEGE PARK, Md. (AP) — Social media platform Gab, where the suspect in the Pittsburgh synagogue massacre spewed anti-Semitic messages, is back online roughly one week after domain registrar GoDaddy and other internet services dropped the site.

Gab returned on Sunday after a Seattle-based company, Epik, accepted the site’s domain registration.

Gab suspended the account belonging to Robert Gregory Bowers, the man charged with killing 11 people at a Pittsburgh synagogue last month, shortly after the attack. On its Twitter account, Gab posted a message Sunday that said it “will not be defined by the actions of one individual.”

Gab has been a haven for racists and anti-Semites who have been banned from Twitter for hateful and harassing behavior. Gab’s founder and CEO, Andrew Torba, has portrayed his site as a bastion of free speech.

Associated Press

Associated Press

More News

STORMTRACKER 18 WEATHER
Osseo
34°
Menomonie
Chetek
32°
Durand
39°
Ladysmith
30°
Neillsville
28°
Rice Lake
32°
New Richmond
35°
Black River Falls
30°
Medford
26°
River Falls
37°
Duluth
31°
Green Bay
28°
La Crosse
37°
Madison
30°
Milwaukee
29°
Twin Cities
42°
Weather Outlook: Brief recovery from record cold temperatures

Weather Outlook: Brief recovery from record cold temperatures

Yesterday's high of 17 tied the record coldest high temperature for the date, and it's been a full week since

Connect With WQOW
Top Stories

UPDATE: 4 from Loyal, including 3 kids, killed in Apostle Island kayak incident

Sheriff Michael Brennan said Erik Fryman, 39, and his kids 3, 6 and 9-years-old died. The mom, Cari Mews, 29,

NEW: Missing Mondovi man found dead Wednesday afternoon

According to Mondovi Police Chief Colin Severson, the department is looking or Nathan D. Kummer who was reported missing by

UPDATE: Gas leak contained in Boyd

Boyd's fire chief told News 18 crews were digging up a leaking water line at Double D's Saloon and workers

Sex offender faces new charges in Eau Claire

A convicted sex offender living in Eau Claire is charged with two counts of first degree sexual assault of a

UPDATE: Middleton shooter was employee of business where he opened fire

The Middlelton Police department sent a phone message to residents about an active shooter.

Scroll to top
Skip to content