Texas couple killed in helicopter crash hours after wedding

UVALDE, Texas (AP) — Family members say a Texas couple was killed in a helicopter crash just hours after they were married.

Houston TV station KTRK reports that Will Byler and Bailee Ackerman were married Saturday night at a ranch in Uvalde, about 80 miles (125 kilometers) west of San Antonio. Byler’s grandfather, William Byler, tells the TV station that the couple died when a helicopter that had departed the wedding reception crashed.

The TV station reports that the helicopter’s pilot was also killed in the crash. The National Transportation Safety Board says it’s investigating the crash and the cause is not yet known.

The Houstonian student newspaper reports that the newlyweds were seniors at Sam Houston State University.

Associated Press

Associated Press

More News

STORMTRACKER 18 WEATHER
Osseo
17°
Menomonie
18°
Chetek
20°
Durand
25°
Ladysmith
21°
Neillsville
18°
Rice Lake
20°
New Richmond
22°
Black River Falls
23°
Medford
17°
River Falls
25°
Duluth
20°
Green Bay
22°
La Crosse
22°
Madison
22°
Milwaukee
23°
Twin Cities
22°
Connect With WQOW
Top Stories

NEW: Missing Mondovi man found dead Wednesday afternoon

According to Mondovi Police Chief Colin Severson, the department is looking or Nathan D. Kummer who was reported missing by

UPDATE: Gas leak contained in Boyd

Boyd's fire chief told News 18 crews were digging up a leaking water line at Double D's Saloon and workers

Sex offender faces new charges in Eau Claire

A convicted sex offender living in Eau Claire is charged with two counts of first degree sexual assault of a

UPDATE: Middleton shooter was employee of business where he opened fire

The Middlelton Police department sent a phone message to residents about an active shooter.

UPDATE: 4 from Loyal, including 3 kids, killed in Apostle Island kayak incident

Sheriff Michael Brennan said Erik Fryman, 39, and his kids 3, 6 and 9-years-old died. The mom, Cari Mews, 29,

Scroll to top