16 exposed to carbon monoxide at hotel, taken to hospital

JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Sixteen people, including one child, were taken to a hospital after authorities say they were exposed to carbon monoxide at a North Carolina hotel.

News outlets report that employees and guests at the Holiday Inn Express in Jacksonville were suffering medical problems Friday morning and fire officials evacuated the building after high levels of carbon monoxide were found inside. The utilities were shut off and the building was searched and ventilated.

Jacksonville Fire and Emergency Services Battalion Chief Edward “Tee” Tallman says 15 adults and one child were treated at Onslow Memorial Hospital. He says all are doing well and are expected to be released.

There’s no word yet on what caused the high levels of carbon monoxide.

Associated Press

Associated Press

More News

STORMTRACKER 18 WEATHER
Osseo
40°
Menomonie
38°
Chetek
39°
Durand
45°
Ladysmith
37°
Neillsville
39°
Rice Lake
39°
New Richmond
40°
Black River Falls
42°
Medford
34°
River Falls
41°
Duluth
36°
Green Bay
39°
La Crosse
42°
Madison
41°
Milwaukee
36°
Twin Cities
44°
Notice: Light snow will bring minor accumulations to Eau Claire

Notice: Light snow will bring minor accumulations to Eau Claire

It felt nice outside today! Even though we got close to average, it was a lot warmer than we've been

Connect With WQOW
Top Stories

Sex offender faces new charges in Eau Claire

A convicted sex offender living in Eau Claire is charged with two counts of first degree sexual assault of a

UPDATE: Middleton shooter was employee of business where he opened fire

The Middlelton Police department sent a phone message to residents about an active shooter.

UPDATE: 4 from Loyal, including 3 kids, killed in Apostle Island kayak incident

Sheriff Michael Brennan said Erik Fryman, 39, and his kids 3, 6 and 9-years-old died. The mom, Cari Mews, 29,

NEW: Missing Mondovi man found dead Wednesday afternoon

According to Mondovi Police Chief Colin Severson, the department is looking or Nathan D. Kummer who was reported missing by

UPDATE: Gas leak contained in Boyd

Boyd's fire chief told News 18 crews were digging up a leaking water line at Double D's Saloon and workers

Scroll to top
Skip to content