Ohio State’s bill for sex misconduct inquiry: $1.5M so far

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio State University has been billed about $1.5 million and counting for the investigation into a team doctor accused of sexual misconduct against scores of athletes and other men.

A list of related invoices provided by the university shows most of that is from Perkins Coie, the law firm hired to investigate claims raised this year about the now-deceased physician, Richard Strauss.

The list reflects invoices only through Aug. 17. The investigation continues, and three related lawsuits are pending.

At least 145 former students have given investigators firsthand accounts of alleged sexual misconduct by Strauss between 1979 and 1997. The allegations involve athletes from 16 sports, plus the student health center and his off-campus medical office.

Strauss killed himself in 2005. His relatives have said they’re shocked by the allegations.

Associated Press

Associated Press

More News

STORMTRACKER 18 WEATHER
Osseo
36°
Menomonie
Chetek
35°
Durand
39°
Ladysmith
34°
Neillsville
36°
Rice Lake
35°
New Richmond
36°
Black River Falls
39°
Medford
32°
River Falls
37°
Duluth
31°
Green Bay
38°
La Crosse
42°
Madison
40°
Milwaukee
44°
Twin Cities
40°
Weather Outlook: Temperature roller coaster ahead

Weather Outlook: Temperature roller coaster ahead

From cold to warm to cold with another chance of snow, this forecast has it all

Connect With WQOW
Top Stories

UPDATE: 4 from Loyal, including 3 kids, killed in Apostle Island kayak incident

Sheriff Michael Brennan said Erik Fryman, 39, and his kids 3, 6 and 9-years-old died. The mom, Cari Mews, 29,

NEW: Missing Mondovi man found dead Wednesday afternoon

According to Mondovi Police Chief Colin Severson, the department is looking or Nathan D. Kummer who was reported missing by

UPDATE: Gas leak contained in Boyd

Boyd's fire chief told News 18 crews were digging up a leaking water line at Double D's Saloon and workers

Sex offender faces new charges in Eau Claire

A convicted sex offender living in Eau Claire is charged with two counts of first degree sexual assault of a

UPDATE: Middleton shooter was employee of business where he opened fire

The Middlelton Police department sent a phone message to residents about an active shooter.

Scroll to top
Skip to content