Trump’s flagship Scottish resort lost millions last year

NEW YORK (AP) — A financial report filed with the British government shows that President Donald Trump lost millions of dollars at his flagship Scottish golf resort for a fourth year in a row last year.

A report from Britain’s Companies House shows that Trump’s Turnberry resort lost 3.4 million pounds ($4.4 million at current exchange rates) in 2017. The loss, however, is smaller than the previous year’s when the resort was closed for six months.

Trump’s company has struggled since it ventured into Scotland a dozen years ago. It lost a court fight to stop an offshore windmill farm at a second Scottish resort, drew objections from the environmental regulators and faced backlash from local anti-Trump protesters.

The president’s son, Eric Trump, expressed optimism that Turnberry will turn an operating profit soon.

Associated Press

Associated Press

More News

STORMTRACKER 18 WEATHER
Osseo
32°
Menomonie
Chetek
32°
Durand
37°
Ladysmith
31°
Neillsville
33°
Rice Lake
New Richmond
32°
Black River Falls
37°
Medford
30°
River Falls
34°
Duluth
33°
Green Bay
38°
La Crosse
40°
Madison
39°
Milwaukee
41°
Twin Cities
36°
Weather Outlook: 60s and snow in the same week

Weather Outlook: 60s and snow in the same week

There is a reason why fall is called a "transition season."

Connect With WQOW
Top Stories

UPDATE: 4 from Loyal, including 3 kids, killed in Apostle Island kayak incident

Sheriff Michael Brennan said Erik Fryman, 39, and his kids 3, 6 and 9-years-old died. The mom, Cari Mews, 29,

NEW: Missing Mondovi man found dead Wednesday afternoon

According to Mondovi Police Chief Colin Severson, the department is looking or Nathan D. Kummer who was reported missing by

UPDATE: Gas leak contained in Boyd

Boyd's fire chief told News 18 crews were digging up a leaking water line at Double D's Saloon and workers

Sex offender faces new charges in Eau Claire

A convicted sex offender living in Eau Claire is charged with two counts of first degree sexual assault of a

UPDATE: Middleton shooter was employee of business where he opened fire

The Middlelton Police department sent a phone message to residents about an active shooter.

Scroll to top
Skip to content