Here is the latest Pac-12 Conference sports news from The Associated Press

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A Southern California-Texas rematch was supposed to be an early-season blockbuster. But both programs are already struggling. Now it feels more like a fight for survival, and the pressure is mounting to get a win to keep their seasons from spinning off course. The Trojans and Longhorns meet Saturday night with both teams facing questions about their quarterbacks and how nervous fans would react to another loss.

UNDATED (AP) — The Southeastern Conference’s West Division commands the spotlight Saturday. Top-ranked Alabama opens league play at Mississippi and No. 7 Auburn hosts No. 12 LSU. Ohio State quarterback Dwayne Haskins has a chance to become a serious Heisman Trophy contender when the Buckeyes play TCU in Arlington, Texas. New UCLA coach Chip Kelly is still looking for his first win when the Bruins play Fresno State.

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — Washington State University officials investigated allegations of sexual harassment against staff member and former football star Jason Gesser and found no violations of school policy. School President Kirk Schulz and Director of Athletics Pat Chun issued a statement Thursday after the school newspaper published an extensive article about the harassment allegations. Gesser, who is married and has three children, released a statement saying the allegations against him were not true.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — It’s not so much “next man up” as “last man standing” at No. 22 Southern California, with three scholarship safeties available against Texas on Saturday. Freshman Tanaloa Hufanga and redshirt sophomore C.J. Pollard will share playing time at strong safety for the Trojans because of attrition and injury, with senior Marvell Tell III in his regular spot at free safety to fill out the three-man rotation.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — USC quarterback J.T. Daniels is determined to bounce back from a rough performance in the second start of his freshman season. Daniels went 16 of 34 for 215 yards in the 22nd-ranked Trojans’ 17-3 loss at Stanford last weekend, throwing two late interceptions and generally struggling along with his entire offense. He also lost a fumble and was sacked four times by the Cardinal. Daniels knows he’ll need to improve if he hopes to avoid another defeat in Texas this weekend.

UNDATED (AP) — Arizona is still trying to find itself after opening 0-2 in Kevin Sumlin’s first season in the desert. The Wildcats have yet to get quarterback Khalil Tate untracked and have struggled to stop teams on defense.

adwpadmin

adwpadmin

More News

STORMTRACKER 18 WEATHER
Osseo
66°
Menomonie
67°
Chetek
66°
Durand
64°
Ladysmith
65°
Neillsville
62°
Rice Lake
65°
New Richmond
58°
Black River Falls
57°
Medford
59°
River Falls
59°
Duluth
58°
Green Bay
66°
La Crosse
69°
Madison
67°
Milwaukee
68°
Twin Cities
Weather Outlook: Cold front to bring changes to the Chippewa Valley

The cold front in Minnesota this afternoon will mover through tonight and tomorrow, bringing rain chances and fall like temperatures

Connect With WQOW
Top Stories

UPDATE: 4 from Loyal, including 3 kids, killed in Apostle Island kayak incident

Sheriff Michael Brennan said Erik Fryman, 39, and his kids 3, 6 and 9-years-old died. The mom, Cari Mews, 29,

NEW: Missing Mondovi man found dead Wednesday afternoon

According to Mondovi Police Chief Colin Severson, the department is looking or Nathan D. Kummer who was reported missing by

UPDATE: Gas leak contained in Boyd

Boyd's fire chief told News 18 crews were digging up a leaking water line at Double D's Saloon and workers

Sex offender faces new charges in Eau Claire

A convicted sex offender living in Eau Claire is charged with two counts of first degree sexual assault of a

UPDATE: Middleton shooter was employee of business where he opened fire

The Middlelton Police department sent a phone message to residents about an active shooter.

Scroll to top