Ex-employees: Doc in sex abuse inquiry aimed ads at students

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Former employees say the Ohio State University team doctor accused of groping young men decades ago also had an off-campus men’s clinic, which was marketed in the campus newspaper with ads promising prompt treatment of genital problems, plus a student discount.

The ads published in 1996 don’t mention Dr. Richard Strauss. But two former students who say they did clerical work for Strauss confirmed the connection and described the sparsely equipped clinic he briefly ran in an office building roughly a mile from campus.

One of those ex-employees, Brian Garrett, is among the 145 former students who have reported firsthand accounts of sexual misconduct by Strauss.

The doctor retired in 1998 and killed himself in 2005. His relatives have said they were shocked by the allegations recently raised against him.

adwpadmin

adwpadmin

More News

STORMTRACKER 18 WEATHER
Osseo
47°
Menomonie
48°
Chetek
45°
Durand
43°
Ladysmith
47°
Neillsville
48°
Rice Lake
46°
New Richmond
43°
Black River Falls
49°
Medford
45°
River Falls
45°
Duluth
44°
Green Bay
55°
La Crosse
Madison
52°
Milwaukee
59°
Twin Cities
48°
Weather Outlook: More rain and cooler temperatures are on the way

Another cold front is expected for Thursday, bringing another chance of rain and our coldest air of the season for

Connect With WQOW
Top Stories

UPDATE: 4 from Loyal, including 3 kids, killed in Apostle Island kayak incident

Sheriff Michael Brennan said Erik Fryman, 39, and his kids 3, 6 and 9-years-old died. The mom, Cari Mews, 29,

NEW: Missing Mondovi man found dead Wednesday afternoon

According to Mondovi Police Chief Colin Severson, the department is looking or Nathan D. Kummer who was reported missing by

UPDATE: Gas leak contained in Boyd

Boyd's fire chief told News 18 crews were digging up a leaking water line at Double D's Saloon and workers

Sex offender faces new charges in Eau Claire

A convicted sex offender living in Eau Claire is charged with two counts of first degree sexual assault of a

UPDATE: Middleton shooter was employee of business where he opened fire

The Middlelton Police department sent a phone message to residents about an active shooter.

Scroll to top