Washington, DC (WXOW) – The FDA says there have been 476 confirmed cases of Cyclospora infection after people became sick after eating McDonald’s salads.
It’s caused by a parasite and can cause diarrhea and flu-like symptoms.
The FDA on Thursday updated their information on the outbreak. In a statement, they said the investigation is "ongoing and the FDA is currently reviewing distribution and supplier information for romaine and carrots."
The illnesses have been found in 15 states. Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and South Dakota are among the states where people have gotten sick. All patients had eaten salads at McDonald’s.
The restaurant says it has replaced the supplier of its salad mixes.
Twenty-one people have been hospitalized but no one has died.