Hollywood council wants to remove Trump star from Walk of Fame

West Hollywood, Calif. (AP) – The West Hollywood City Council has unanimously approved a resolution seeking to remove President Donald Trump’s star from the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

The resolution urges the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and Los Angeles to remove the star because of what it says is Trump’s "disturbing treatment of women and other actions."

However, chamber president Leron Gubler tells the Los Angeles Times the chamber has never removed a star because it’s considered part of the walk’s "historic fabric."

Monday’s vote came after a man accused of taking a pickax to the star last month was charged with a felony count of vandalism. The star was previously vandalized days before the November 2016 election.

It has been repaired.

The star recognized Trump for his work on the TV reality show "The Apprentice."

adwpadmin

adwpadmin

More News

STORMTRACKER 18 WEATHER
Osseo
57°
Menomonie
53°
Chetek
53°
Durand
59°
Ladysmith
54°
Neillsville
56°
Rice Lake
54°
New Richmond
56°
Black River Falls
60°
Medford
52°
River Falls
55°
Duluth
48°
Green Bay
60°
La Crosse
62°
Madison
62°
Milwaukee
64°
Twin Cities
59°
Weather Outlook: More sun, less wind

Weather Outlook: More sun, less wind

Plenty of leaves have fallen: if you want a head start on raking we have your Chore-cast, or you can

Connect With WQOW
Top Stories

UPDATE: 4 from Loyal, including 3 kids, killed in Apostle Island kayak incident

Sheriff Michael Brennan said Erik Fryman, 39, and his kids 3, 6 and 9-years-old died. The mom, Cari Mews, 29,

NEW: Missing Mondovi man found dead Wednesday afternoon

According to Mondovi Police Chief Colin Severson, the department is looking or Nathan D. Kummer who was reported missing by

UPDATE: Gas leak contained in Boyd

Boyd's fire chief told News 18 crews were digging up a leaking water line at Double D's Saloon and workers

Sex offender faces new charges in Eau Claire

A convicted sex offender living in Eau Claire is charged with two counts of first degree sexual assault of a

UPDATE: Middleton shooter was employee of business where he opened fire

The Middlelton Police department sent a phone message to residents about an active shooter.

Scroll to top
Skip to content