Birkebeiner’s organizers last day to decide race fate

It all comes down to today for the American Birkebeiner. Race officials will meet at 11 a.m. to determine if the snow and trail conditions will allow them to hold tomorrow’s ski race as planned.

The warm weather has really taken a toll on the trails and right now the big question is if there will be enough good snow for skiers to ski on. 

Organizers are already out on the trails now to see how salvageable they are. 

Still, racers are hopeful. There was no shortage of participants who went to collect their bibs, Popp says, there was a record amount of people who attended the expo. Officials have moved all skiing events originally schedule for today to tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

adwpadmin

adwpadmin

More News

STORMTRACKER 18 WEATHER
Osseo
14°
Menomonie
12°
Chetek
Durand
Ladysmith
17°
Neillsville
15°
Rice Lake
15°
New Richmond
Black River Falls
Medford
River Falls
16°
Duluth
15°
Green Bay
25°
La Crosse
17°
Madison
14°
Milwaukee
23°
Twin Cities
Connect with WQOW
Top Stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content