Eau Claire (WQOW) – Several Chippewa Valley businesses are showing support and offering comfort to the families impacted by the tragedy in Chippewa County last weekend, and that list keeps going growing.
Every Friday, Eau Claire Floral has $5 bouquets, but this week 100 percent of those sales will go to funds set up at CCFBank for the families of the Girl Scouts killed by an impaired driver last Saturday.
Owner Genny Hay told News 18 she plans to be extra stocked up on bouquets, but you can just donate money at the shop as well.
As a mother, daughter, and former Girl Scout, Hay said she felt is was important to help the families during this time.
“I feel pretty blessed to be a small business owner in the area that we’re in. We all seem to come together when there are tragedies like this and help each other out, so I just feel fortunate and I’m happy to be able to help in some way,” Hay said.
Along with Eau Claire Floral;
- Stitch Suppy Co. is making quilts for the families and the scouts in Troop #3055
- Shades of You is giving green hair extensions on a donation basis
- The Leinie Lodge will be donating all their tour and sampling proceeds, on Friday and Saturday, to the families and Troop #3055
- VFW Post 305 is hosting a breakfast buffet on Saturday, with proceeds going to the CCF Bank Funds for the victims’ families
- Mainstream Boutique in Eau Claire will donate 100 percent of sales this Sunday as well.
- Local Kwik Trip locations are selling stickers for $5 with proceeds going to the fund in remembrance of the Girl Scouts